The following protocols are based on recommendations from local, state and federal agencies. In addition, these protocols have been reviewed by multiple health professionals. We reserve the right to adjust these protocol based on the changing circumstances of the Covid-19 pandemic. The safety and health of our Dance Connection Families is of the utmost importance.
All procedures are mandatory unless noted otherwise.
Here’s what the Dance Connection staff is doing to keep our families safe.
- Extra Cleaning – We always cleaned the studio every day. Now we are intensifying our daily cleaning processes with spaces being wiped down multiple times a day and ballet barres and surfaces being wiped down in between classes.
- Air quality – We’ve updated our HVAC system and installed a Merv-13 filter which will be changed every 3 months. In addition, we have HEPA quality air purifiers in both studios. The fans in the studio will remain on at all times.
- Limited class Size – Our class size has been reduced so that all dancers may maintain social distance. For the Fall-Spring, 2020-2021 season, there will only be 4 students in classes taking place in our little studio, and 6 students in classes taking place in the big studio. Capacity will increase for 2021 summer camps and classes.
- Class times adjustments – For the Fall-Spring, 2020-2021 season, we’ve staggered class times, and left 10-minute gaps in between classes, so that there are fewer people present in the lobby at one time. Read below to see how you can help out with drop off and pick up. Time gaps between classes may change in summer 2021.
- Distancing in studio & Lobby – We’ve taped spaces on the floors in the studio so that dancers have clear social distance markings to follow. We’ve also adjusted the layout of the lobby so our dancers maintain social distancing while they are entering and exiting.
- Audio visual equipment – We’ve invested in sound and video equipment that allows dancers who are taking class at home to hear the music clearer and see more of the studio. This also makes it easier for children at home to interact with children in the studio.
- Staggered breaks – Teachers are staggering water breaks and bathroom breaks.
What we all need to do… We’ll need your help to keep everyone safe
- Masks – Everyone entering the studio must wear a mask. All teachers, staff, students and family members entering the studio will be required to wear masks.
- Masks must be worn properly – All masks must be worn properly covering the nose and chin.
- During class – all dancers will wear their masks for the duration of class unless they are exercising intensely and need to remove their masks as per guidelines from the state. See below.
- Intense exercise and masks – Dancers who are exercising intensely will be allowed to remove their mask, at the teacher’s discretion provided they maintain social distancing at all times. In addition, dancers will only be allowed to remove masks for those parts of class which require intense exercise. No dancer may remove their mask without first asking permission from the teacher.
- Fewer guests and visitors in the studio – Parents will not be allowed in the lobby or in the building. Exceptions include, younger children who need a parent present and parents of children who are trying class for the very first time. If your child is 5+ year’s old please contact us if you’d like clearance to stay in the lobby during class.
- Distancing – All students, staff and visitors are asked to maintain social distancing whenever possible.
- During classes – as mentioned above tape marks on the floor will assist dancers in maintaining 6’ distance from one another.
- Lobby – Parents who are staying in the lobby are asked to maintain a 6- foot distance.
- No food – No food is allowed in the studio. We’ve removed the coffee machine. We ask that you only send your child with water. Summer camp and team dancers who are at the studio for long periods of time will be instructed on where and when they can eat.
- Bring only what you need – Dancers should arrive at class dressed and ready for class. Please bring only your shoes and a water bottle. Avoid bringing a dance bag if possible. The dressing room will be off limits.
- Hand washing and hand sanitizer – We ask that all dancers use hand sanitizer or wash their hands upon entering the studio. Instructors and students will wash hands between classes and during breaks.
- Entrance screenings – All staff, students and parents must get screened before entering the building. Screening involves the following receive the following
- A Dance Connection staff member will conduct a temperature check. A temperature of 100.4 or greater will be considered a fever and your child will be asked to take class from home.
- You will be asked if you have been exposed to anyone with Covid-19. If you, or a family member, have been exposed to Covid-19 please quarantine until you are able to get test results. Your child may take class virtually from home until then.
- You will be asked if you have any symptoms of Covid-19. If you, or a family member, have symptoms of Covid-19 please quarantine until you are able to get test results. Your child may take class virtually from home until then. Symptoms of Covid-19 include: fever, cough shortness of breath, loss of taste and smell
- Feeling sick? – No dancer should come to the studio if they are feeling under the weather or sick in the slightest. If you have or your family has knowingly been exposed to COVID-19 or are exhibiting possible signs and symptoms of COVID-19, please do your part and self-quarantine for 14 days.
- Drop off & Pick up – We’ve assigned entrance and exit doors and scheduled 10 minutes between classes to reduce traffic in the lobby. No dancer will be allowed in the building until 5 minutes before class time.
- Drop off – In order to keep classes running smoothly and on time we ask that all parents drop their children off 5 minutes before their class time at the entrance door (the door near the office)
- Pick up – A teacher or staff member will make sure your child is ready to picked up within 5 minutes of the class finish time. Child pick up is located at the exit door (the door near the lobby) Please be on time to pick up your child.
Nothing is more important to us than the well being of our families so if you have any questions about our Covid-19 policies, please contact us.